Making a logo is one of the most important steps when starting a business. However, asking a professional designer to make one for you can cost more than your intended budget. Luckily in this article, I’ll be sharing my list of the best free logo makers online that you can use to create awesome logos for your business.
The 10 Best Free Logo Makers
As we all know, when it comes to branding, designing a logo is just as important as choosing a name for your business. You can say that those two elements come as a package. A logo will be the foundation of your brand, and it’s what separates you from your competitors.
Since logos are visual, they’re memorable and will make a strong first impression. So the list of the best free logo makers that I’ll be highlighting below will be based on feature richness, creative freedom, and export options:
- Easy to use – search, scroll and click, type, drag and drop. That’s mostly what you’ll be doing when designing in Canva. It’s so straightforward that you’ll have a logo ready before lunchtime.
- Large amount of features – you can add photos, text, icons, shapes, and backgrounds to your design. It has different image editing tools, color and palette options.
- Wide range of templates – choose the template of your liking from the pool of thousands of templates that are available in Canva. You can pick from beauty to automotive, then tweak and redesign it however you want.
- Creative freedom – if you want to create something different, then you can start from a blank canvas.
- Variety of export options – you can download your logo in image files like PNG and JPG, or PDF. It also has the option to publish your design straight to social media platforms or email it to your team members.
- Support ‒ Canva has a support page if you ever need help regarding the tool and services. It also provides tutorials on how to use Canva, plus blogs on design, marketing, branding, and so on.
- People might use the same template ‒ since millions of people use Canva, you might discover similar designs being used online. However, with planning and creativity, you can create a logo that is unique and different.
- Some content is overpriced ‒ there are templates, photos, and icons provided by Canva that can be costly. But they also offer tons of free content to choose from.
Canva has become the leading online design tool that has everything you need. It takes less than a minute to learn how to navigate through the features. Plus they have tutorials on how to design on Canva for newbies.
Because of the millions of images, thousands of beautiful layouts, and hundreds of fonts it provides, more than 10 million people around the world use Canva for their projects, including myself. You can either start from a premade template or create something new.
It’s definitely my most recommended tool if you’re looking for an online logo maker.
- Easy to use ‒ the interface is straightforward and understandable. It lets users focus more on designing their logo than trying to learn how to use the tool.
- Quick results ‒ it lets you design professional looking logos in minutes without much hassle. You can do this by picking a template and customizing it.
- Create on the go ‒ Free Logo Design is an advanced HTML 5 logo maker so you can create logos anytime and anywhere using your smart devices.
- Start from scratch ‒ though there are templates that you can tweak.
- Inspiration and tutorial ‒ if you’re in need of ideas on how to design a logo, then check out the tips and Inspiration page.
- Low-resolution free download ‒ you can only get a 200px by 200px PNG image if you want to download your logo for free. It can be used for a website.
- Pricy download packs ‒ to get the high-resolution files that you can use for professional use and printing, the packs range from $39 to $129.
Users from 189 countries have created over two million logos using Free Logo Design. If you need a logo for web use, you can try creating some with this tool. The process can be fun and enjoyable. Plus it lets you be creative, and you can make logos with any device, anytime, and anywhere.
- Fast and easy ‒ true to its slogan, you can definitely create a logo in seconds. Simply click and choose your template, type in your business name and slogan, edit your logo, then download it.
- Hundreds of templates ‒ choose a template based on your business niche and the visual style of your choice whether you want it to be bold, creative, vintage, etc.
- Download package ‒ you will get more than one image file of your logo. All with different sizes so that you can upload them on your social media and other marketing platforms.
- Free ‒ you can do all of the above for free!
- Limited creative space ‒ the design studio doesn’t let you creatively edit your logo as much as other options. All you can do is pick and click. This will result in a lack of originality and personal touches.
- Can be copied ‒ there’s a chance that someone else might use the same template you chose.
If you need a fast, simple yet professional looking logo, then you might want to try the Shopify Logo Maker. You’ll be able to download your logo in various image files fit for social media platforms as well. The tool is trusted by more than a hundred thousand business owners.
- Quick and Easy ‒ the layout of the interface makes it easy for you to create a logo on a whim. It’s also intuitive enough that a first timer will be able to figure things out with no problems.
- Unique icons ‒ pick from over a million SVG icons that are nicely designed by The Noun Project for your logo.
- Personal touch ‒ you can freely express your creativity with the icons, text, shapes, and colors. Design a one of a kind logo that is different from your competitors.
- Preview ‒ see how your logo fits on a name card, website, and shirt.
- PNG image ‒ you can download a 600px by 600px PNG image for free.
- Limited fonts ‒ there are only 10 fonts in the text toolbar. Therefore, you have to search and add fonts yourself if you want variety.
- Pricy paid download ‒ you will only get an SVG file for $12.
Overall, designing a logo with UCraft Logo Maker is fun and enjoyable. If you have a draft sketch ready beforehand, then creating the logo won’t take too long. The free PNG file is bigger than most free logo downloads, so you’re able to print it onto your name card and most stationery.
- Simple and fast to use ‒ it isn’t hard to learn how to navigate through the interface as everything is straightforward, and the logo maker explains how things work. You can create a logo in a minute or less.
- Easy customization ‒ have fun going through the options for vector shapes, graphics, colors, and fonts. Experiment and design a logo that fits well for your business. GraphicSprings also has logo design tips to help you.
- Wide range of graphics ‒ true to its name, this tool is a spring for graphics. They’re categorized by industry, and you can search specific graphics using the search bar. The library is refreshed every day.
- Logo preview ‒ you can check how your logo looks on the web, shirts, and stationery.
- Paid download/overpriced ‒ the logo maker is free to use, however, to download your logo you must pay at least $19.99 for one high-resolution JPG image.
- Difficult shape select ‒ if the shape you pick has thin lines, sometimes it can be hard to click and move them around, resulting in wasted time.
GraphicSprings is a great free logo maker where you can experiment and design a logo. Many of their customers are happy with the results, but the price to download a logo is a little costly for me. Nonetheless, if your logo is worth the investment, then why not?
- Clean interface ‒ like a blank canvas, the editor is clean with tools pushed to each side. The Tools, Fill, and Layers windows can be moved around as well, allowing you to have a layout that is just right for you.
- Loads of graphics ‒ you can search through over a million graphics to add onto your logo. Just type in your business niche in the search bar and pick away.
- Creative freedom ‒ unlike many logo makers, it allows users to design and make their own logos from a blank canvas. Use the available shapes, graphics, colors, and fonts to add a personal touch to your logo.
- Tutorials ‒ you can watch tutorial videos on how you can create a unique logo.
- LogoMakr Examples ‒ if you need inspiration or prefer to tweak a logo that is premade, then you can check out and edit their templates.
- Free low-resolution image ‒ you can only use the image for small prints or social media display pictures. To get the high-resolution files, you need to pay $19.
- Time-consuming ‒ since you’ll be creating your logo from scratch, it’ll take more time than automated logo makers.
If you have a lot of spare time on hand and you want to experiment more with colors and style and create a logo that is unique, then you should try LogoMakr. The premade examples are also chic and elegant. You will definitely have fun customizing them.
- Straightforward ‒ navigating through the tool is easy as it only has a few elements. The interface is clean, so you can focus on creating your logo. Simply click on the icons or text to further edit them.
- Loads of icons ‒ it provides around 220,000 icons to choose from. You can search for icons by keywords that are related to your business.
- Be creative – add multiple icons and customize them to your liking by changing the size, colors, and so on.
- Live Preview ‒ you can see how your logo looks on a business card, t-shirt, and a webpage as you edit your logo.
- Limited download option ‒ you will only get a low-resolution image of your logo for free, while you need to pay $10 to get the high-resolution file.
- Many entrepreneurs use Squarespace ‒ there’s a high risk that you might end up having a similar logo as other companies.
The Squarespace Logo Creator is one of the simplest online logo makers with a clutter-free interface. You can create a simple logo in just a few minutes, and it’s a convenient tool if you have a Squarespace website. However, for those who don’t have a Squarespace membership, downloading better quality files requires a budget.
- Uncomplicated interface ‒ even if you’re not a designer, you can create a logo in less than 10 minutes using this powerful logo maker.
- Countless logo templates ‒ let your creative juices run as you design your logo with the many beautiful templates available. Change the colors, fonts, and customize it however you want.
- Large font selection ‒ choose the font you like, whether it’s modern, fancy, elegant, or back to the classics.
- Tutorial and blog ‒ if you need help on how to make a logo, simply check the tutorial. To know more about branding and logos, you can go through the blog.
- Save your project ‒ create a free account to save your work and come back to the project later.
- Free low-resolution download ‒ you can get a 300px PNG image for free.
- Non-commercial use of free logo ‒ it cannot be printed on business cards or be used for any commercial use on the web. To check unauthorized use, Online Logo Maker uses Pixsy.
More than two million brands have designed their logo using Online Logo Maker. However, if you’re creating a logo for commercial use, then you need to get their premium plan. Online Logo Maker can be a platform for you to practice logo making and design.
- Simplicity ‒ DesingMantic’s ABC process is so simple that your logo will be ready in under 10 minutes. This is due to the intuitive design editor.
- Logo preview ‒ check how your logo fits on business cards, the web, and shirts.
- Mobile app ‒ to make creating logos on the go easier, you can install the DesignMantic app on your phone. It’s available both on Google Play and the App Store.
- Support ‒ a phone number is shown at the top left of the page, and there’s a chat feature at the bottom right. There’s also an FAQ page for answers to general questions.
- No free download ‒ to download your logo you will need to pick one of its packages. The basic bundle includes a high-resolution and a vector-based image. However, I find that the packages are costly.
- Non-exclusive designs ‒ the logos look dated, and the selections for each industry is limited. Thus, it’s possible that someone else will have a similar logo to yours.
DesignMantic is a pretty good logo maker that you can try for free. You can play around with the features to see if you can come up with a decent logo. However, you can only do so much since the designs are limited.
- Automatic and fast ‒ type in your business and select the niche, the tool will automatically create different logos for you in minutes.
- Customizable ‒ it has a creative space to edit your selected logo. You can customize it according to your business needs before or after download.
- Save all your ideas ‒ no need to worry if you have a couple of ideas. Save your work and come back to them later.
- Preview ‒ you can see how your logo looks on websites, billboards, business cards, etc.
- Customer support ‒ if you have questions regarding the use of Logaster, you can check the FAQ page or fill in a form. It also has How To blogs and useful tips on logo creation.
- Small size logo ‒ you can only get a low-resolution image for free. There are a few plans offered if you want to download a full branding package.
- Watermarked editor ‒ the tool doesn’t have a clean interface as it’s filled with Logaster’s watermarks, hampering the editing process.
Logaster logo designs have appeared in 167 countries with six million logos created. You don’t need any technical skills to create your brand with Logaster due to how fast and simple it is. Whether you’re an entrepreneur or a housewife, your business identity will be ready in minutes.
When starting a business, logos are an essential factor in building a brand. It needs to make an impression. Therefore, you should create a logo that is unique and visually appealing. If you want to make it on your own, you can try using online logo makers. It’s quick and easy.
Here are the top five free logo makers that I recommend:
- Canva ‒ create logos from scratch or use the available templates and customize them. Download your logo in various formats all for free.
- Free Logo Design ‒ design logos on whatever device you prefer using. Be creative with the provided templates and icons.
- UCraft Logo Maker ‒ the massive library of icons allows you to make unique logos and customize them to your liking.
- LogoMakr ‒ learn, experiment, and freely create unique logos from the available graphics.
- Online Logo Maker ‒ make a logo in minutes by choosing a carefully designed template, add text with attractive fonts, and customize it.
Have fun trying them out and go create an awesome logo!