Websites are now becoming a necessity for many businesses, including the culinary arts. Among the many platforms to build a website, WordPress stands out the most. It’s versatile and provides many customization options. Furthermore, it has a vast collection of restaurant themes.
However, picking the right theme can be frustrating. The process requires time and effort to ensure that your site represents your business well.
Worry not, I’ve chosen the best 10 WordPress restaurant themes that are worth considering. Read on to find out!
What to Consider When Choosing a WordPress Restaurant Theme?
When choosing a website’s theme for your culinary business, make sure it fits your niche. It should also function properly, and the layout needs to be aesthetically pleasing.
75% of a website’s credibility is based on how it looks. You will lose traffic and potential customers if your website is unattractive. Also, Google will unlikely to recommend a messy site, especially on mobile devices.
Here are the factors that you should consider when choosing a WordPress restaurant theme:
- Niche. While a multipurpose theme would work, using a niche theme is recommended. It can easily reflect your type of business.
- Usability. It should also accommodate visitors. If the content is well displayed, and the website is easy to navigate through, your audience will be happy.
- Responsiveness. It’s essential to ensure that your website is adaptive and looks wonderful on any device.
- Features. Depending on your restaurant’s niche, you may want to have more than just basic theme customization settings. Advanced features such as a menu section, reservation options, or the parallax effect, can be useful.
- Support. It’s crucial to always keep your site secure and updated. Make sure to choose a theme that has excellent support in case you’ll run into problems.
- Plugins. Your chosen theme should enable plugins integration. This will add more functionality to your site.
- Browser compatibility. Make sure that people can access your website on most browsers.
- Price. Free themes are great, but they have limitations. If you are not on a budget, you can get more features and better support with paid themes.
Therefore, this article will focus on premium themes as they offer tons of perks that can be considered as an excellent investment for your business.
Top 10 WordPress Premium Restaurant Themes in 2019
Now, it’s time to present the best WordPress restaurant themes that you can choose from, based on their features, prices, and ease of use:
Trusted by many restaurant owners around the world, Rosa is an elegant WordPress premium theme for your restaurant site. This theme’s quality speaks for itself as it’s given 4.6 out of a 5-star rating,
It has many unique features to make your website stand out. The Parallax scrolling effect is undoubtedly an attention-grabber and will make your website look professional. Furthermore, creating page layouts can’t get any simpler with the visual editor.
Your site will look great on any device and screen size. Thanks to its fully responsive design, now your customers can choose their lunch menus on the go.
With its straightforward menu system, you can add your restaurant’s menus in an instant. Moreover, it’s integrated with the OpenTable system, making online reservations a simple process. Customers can simply pick the date, time, and specify the number of people before reserving.
It’s also SEO optimized and has WooCommerce integrations, making this theme perfect for any type of restaurant, whether it’s oriental or a steak house.
You can get ROSA for $75 with future updates and six months of support.
- A WordPress restaurant theme that is versatile and perfect for any niche.
- It’s written in structured and clean code. In other words, you will get a theme with optimized performance.
- If you are on a budget, ROSA might be a bit pricey. Plus, you’ll need to pay an extra $23.63 to extend support.
While a bit expensive, it’s excellent for restaurant owners who want to run a professional-looking website. Not only that it’s feature-rich, but Rosa is designed to have high-quality performance and responsive to any mobile device. In short, you’ll get your money’s worth.
Kallyas is a multipurpose premium WordPress restaurant theme perfect for your business’ website.
It’s lightweight and has a fast loading time. That means customers won’t have to wait long to go through your menu and make an order.
With its one-click template installation feature, you can start building the site in an instant. Customizing the layout is easy too as the drag-and-drop builder is equipped with more than 100 elements. Creating a unique website will be a breeze.
What’s more, it has a Parallax effect and a revolution slider option that can make your website even more appealing. Once you upload the best images of your recommended dishes and restaurant ambiance, customers will be eager to pay a visit.
Kallyas is built using Bootstrap 3 Framework, which means it’s adaptive to mobile devices. People can scroll through your menu even when they’re on the go.
If you want to engage more with your audience, you can build an online community using the well-integrated BBPress and BuddyPress. Or, you can regularly update your customers with amazing newsletters, using MailChimp.
This theme costs $48, and that includes six months of support and updates.
- Rich in features that let you make an engaging WordPress restaurant site.
- It has an easy-to-use visual builder with many customization options.
- To extend support, you’ll have to add $13.50 to your budget.
If you need a multipurpose theme that can load fast, Kallyas is worth considering. You can also build a polished looking restaurant site. In addition, with BuddyPress combined, building engagement with your loyal customers is effortless.
If you run a cafe or a vegetarian eatery, Grand Restaurant can be a great pick. This popular WordPress restaurant theme has everything you need to make a website that can attract customers.
With its amazing intuitive live content builder, you can create a stunning page without any difficulties. More than 300 customization options are also provided. Therefore, building a unique website is not a big deal.
Grand Restaurant has an excellent online reservation feature that allows customers to book a table via email, form, custom URL, or OpenTable, a restaurant reservation platform.
You can even start a delivery service using the integrated WooCommerce plugin. What’s more, it supports many payment gateways, from offline to online payments like Paypal.
The Google Maps feature lets your customers find your restaurant’s location easily. Plus, with Snazzymaps, changing the map’s color scheme to suit your overall theme is trouble-free.
The theme is available for $64, including six months of support and updates.
- It has a food delivery service feature.
- The Revolution Slider premium plugin is given for free.
- It’ll cost you $19.50 to get extended support for 12 months.
Grand Restaurant is a theme that brings functionality. It has a delivery service feature, flexible reservation options, and Google Maps integration. Due to its vast customization options, you can easily build a beautiful WordPress site for your cafe in no time.
TheGem is another multipurpose theme that’ll make your WordPress restaurant website look amazing.
This WordPress theme will give your visitors the best first impression of your cafe or dining restaurant. Make sure you showcase the finest food images upfront.
Thanks to the one-pager and full-screen scroller feature, combined with its amazing modern typography, you’ll get a clean and content-focused design. Your visitors will be able to navigate through your restaurant’s information without a hassle.
It’s also compatible with many plugins, including Contact Form 7 and WooCommerce. Setting up an online reservation system can’t get any easier.
TheGem is Gutenberg ready. Which means you can create rich-content posts in an instant using its drag-and-drop feature. Moreover, it’s mobile-responsive and compatible with most browsers. People won’t have any problem accessing your site on any platform.
You can get it for $59 with six months of support and future updates.
- Has a top-notch design and brings excellent performance.
- It’s compatible with most plugins to add more functionality to your site.
- The Revolution Slider plugin is not included, and you need to pay an additional $8.63 for extended support.
TheGem is a good option if you want to have a clean, one-page website that focuses on your menus. However, it is a bit unfortunate that great plugins, like Visual Composer and Revolution Slider, don’t come in its bundle.
If you want to build a website for your restaurant or cafe, WhiteRock theme is worth considering.
It comes with a great theme customizer so you can effortlessly design your website based on your needs. Either you want to use pastel brown background to make it romantic, or a clean white environment for a modern look, it’s all up to you.
Not only that, the intuitive drag-and-drop page builder allows you to manage your website pages with ease. You can add awesome sliders with its frontend page builder, and even create drop-down menus.
WhiteRock has a responsive layout so your website will still look attractive on mobile devices. Targeting a wider audience who use different languages is possible with its Translation Ready feature.
With only $59, WhiteRock is available for purchase and you’ll get six months of support and updates.
- This feature-rich theme is straightforward to use and customize.
- It offers an affordable price with excellent support.
- You’re required to pay an extra $17.63 if you need to extend support.
If you are on a budget and need a grand looking theme that’s translation ready, WhiteRock can be a good choice. The theme allows you to build a unique restaurant site that looks appealing on mobile devices too. It’s definitely worth a try.
6. Food Truck
As the name suggests, the theme is designed for food truck businesses. It comes with 20 different styles that can represent the type of food you sell. You can also decide whether you prefer a one-pager or multi-page layout.
Food Truck also comes with WPBakery page builder. Its intuitive drag-and-drop feature will simplify the process of creating and organizing your website.
The geolocation feature allows you to set a one-click truck locator button. Informing your location to your customers as you travel around the city won’t be a problem.
This theme is fully responsive, meaning it guarantees a neat appearance on mobile devices. Not only that, FoodTruck has flawless integration with WooCommerce. You can start selling your products right away.
It costs $59, and that includes six months of support and updates.
- Has a geolocator feature that lets customers find your exact location.
- It comes with a vast collection of pre-made templates and unlimited layout designs.
- It’s not Gutenberg optimized yet. Plus, the extended support for 12 months requires you to pay an extra $17.63.
FoodTruck is a prominent WordPress restaurant theme if you’re in the street food business. It gives you creative freedom and effortless customization. In addition, you won’t need to worry about losing customers as they can always find where you are through your website.
Barnelli is a clean-designed WordPress theme that is created specifically for cafes, bistros, and restaurants.
It comes with a custom visual builder that will help you to personalize your theme. For the homepage, you can use the single image, slider-based, or mosaic style to give your visitors the best first impression. Furthermore, you can apply a dark tone to build a sense of exclusivity.
Barnelli has a customizable opening times feature. With its live tile, it is easier to indicate if your restaurant is closed or open. They can effortlessly make a reservation with their emails or by filling out forms.
You will need a budget of $59 to get this theme. This includes six months of support and future updates.
- Has tons of customization options that will get your needs covered.
- The Revolution Slider plugin, worth $19, is added for free.
- Visual elements such as logos and pictures are not provided so you will have to upload them manually.
For those who like a clean design with a slider or mosaic style homepage, Barnelli can be a good pick. Also, with a decent social sharing capability, promoting your restaurant to a wider audience is just a click away.
With more than 20,000 users, this simple and elegant theme affirms its quality. Nuvo is one of the best themes for a cafe, bistro, or other eatery businesses.
If you are unsure, you can check the demos they provide before buying. It covers different types of niche and designs, from rustic to boxed style.
You can also impress your visitors with stunning parallax effect and animations throughout the website. Posting your best video at the homepage to showcase your expertise or to capture your restaurant’s atmosphere is possible as well.
It comes with the Visual Composer and Revolution Slider. With these plugins, creating a special website is no hassle.
Built for culinary websites, Nuvo provides a menu builder that lets you organize your menus, from appetizers to desserts, without difficulty. Also, it’s easier to manage all your bookings and special occasions with the events and reservation manager.
Your customers won’t miss out on special events or discounts, thanks to the event countdown feature.
Other than that, It’s fully responsive and integrated with WooCommerce. Your customers can make orders online through their mobile devices.
The regular license costs $59, and that includes six-month support and free updates.
- It has events and reservations management options, plus a countdown feature.
- Visual Composer, Revolution Slider, and Essential Grid are included for free.
- No mention of using clean code like Rosa and it’s another $17.63 for extended support.
Nuvo is an amazing, affordable theme for your restaurant site. The Revolution Slider and Visual Composer plugins are in the bundle by default allowing you to create an outstanding website. Plus, it has a helpful menu builder and is compatible with WooCommerce.
This beautifully-crafted theme is excellent for cafes, pubs, and restaurants. Liber gives a pleasing browsing experience for your customers.
It comes with four pre-built layouts that you can choose from depending on your niche. You can make your website unique by customizing your homepage using its panel-based setup. Plus, it has a live preview that allows you to see its actual result.
Libre has an opening hour feature too. You can inform customers when you’re ready to receive an order. In addition to that, it has a reservation feature which allows your customers to book a table with just a few clicks.
Not only that, there are pre-made menu templates that you can customize. Showcasing your delicious food products is trouble-free.
Also, being mobile responsive, Your website is adaptive to different screen sizes.
It’s also designed for WooCommerce, allowing you to sell your menus and products online.
You can get Libre with updates and six-month support for only $59.
- The support team offers a theme setup service. You can always contact them if you have trouble installing and setting up the theme.
- You will get the Soliloquy slider plugin for free.
- It doesn’t come with a page builder by default so you’ll need to separately install a plugin like Elementor.
If you need a modern theme for a unique restaurant website, Liber is one of the best options. Coming with prebuilt layouts and menu templates, changing the appearance of your site is no hard work. Its live preview feature can also help with the designing process.
Jevelin is a multipurpose theme with amazing features that will make your website appealing. It’s suitable for any type of restaurant, from cafes, bistros to fast-food.
It has a WPBakery live builder and a new element editor. Hence, you can customize the pages to your liking. The Revolution slider plugin is also added in the bundle, allowing you to create an attractive homepage.
Equipped with the Mega Menus, visitors can navigate through your website and find information with ease. This is important to give the best user experience.
You can sell your dishes online as WooCommerce is integrated. It’s also mobile-friendly, making it advantageous to attract mobile users to visit your site. With the social media sharing ability as its innate part, you can build better engagement with your customers as well.
Jevelin is compatible with Contact 7 Form too. This plugin allows your customers to reach you at any time.
The theme is available for $59, including future updates and six months of support.
- This theme has a full ecommerce capability and SEO-optimized feature.
- It’s packed with unique templates and layouts that can be mixed and match.
- Unfortunately, Jevelin is not yet optimized for Gutenberg.
This multipurpose theme is worth checking out. Its full ecommerce capability and the tons of design options are a plus. What’s more, it’s compatible with many plugins, and your website will also be SEO ready.
Having a restaurant is a promising business. However, success isn’t just from creating the best restaurant ambiance and delicious menus. It’s also vital to promote your food and attract customers. Building a fully functional website is the way to go.
To make a visually appealing site, you might want to use the right WordPress theme.
I’ve picked the best ten WordPress restaurant themes which are worth checking out:
- ROSA — Great for any type of restaurants but it’s a bit expensive compared to others. If you find parallax effect attractive and need to have an SEO optimized theme, ROSA can be your choice
- KALLYAS — A lightweight restaurant theme to build an engaging website. It comes with a built-in community plugin, BuddyPress. You can also set a marketing campaign with MailChimp.
- Grand Restaurant — A theme for those who have a delivery service that accepts Paypal payment. Also, it comes with Snazzymaps that allows you to modify the color scheme of the integrated Google Maps.
- TheGem — One of the best themes with a content-focused design. Bundled with Contact Form 7 and WooCommerce, TheGem is worth a try.
- WhiteRock — An easy-to-use theme for taverns and cafes with mobile responsive and translation ready features. It also has built-in mega menus with drop-downs.
- Food Truck — One of the best food truck themes available at an affordable price. It comes with a breadth of style options, geolocation feature, WPBakery builder, and WooCommerce integration.
- Barnelli — Has a clean-design with wonderful homepage styles. It has an amazing social sharing ability that can build better engagement with customers and spread awareness to a bigger audience.
- NUVO — A slick and modern theme for cafes and pubs. Nuvo comes with many premium plugins such as Visual Composer and Revolution Slider. It has a great menu builder and reservation manager feature as well.
- Liber — Offers loads prebuilt layouts to match your niche. The opening hour feature lets you inform your customers that your restaurant is ready to take orders.
- Jevelin — Another affordable theme with WooCommerce and Contact Form 7 compatibility. Jevelin is a good option for those who need an SEO-optimized theme and mobile responsive.
Now, don’t make your customers wait! Go and create a stunning website for your restaurant and let the world enjoy your best recipes!