When you start your blogging journey, you might feel baffled about a thing or two at first. For example, how do you know if you’re getting enough traffic? Well, if you use Blogger all you have to do is check your traffic stats, and in this article, I’ll explain how to do it.
Why It Is Important to Track Your Site’s Statistics
If you want your Blogger website to grow, tracking your traffic statistics is very important since you use the information gathered to plan a strategy and attract more visitors.
You will be able to identify which posts are frequently visited so that you can use effective keywords. In other words, it can help boost your SEO performance.
Moreover, you can find out the top referrals and learn if you get the most traffic from social media or search engines.
You can segment your audience to specific groups categorized by age, interests, location and so on. This will help you to improve your site’s user experience.
Now that you know how important it is to analyze your blog’s traffic let’s go straight to how you can do that.
2 Ways to Check your Site Statistics
You’ll be surprised to know, that checking Blogger traffic stats is as easy as ABC.
Using Blogger’s Tool to Manually Track the Stats
Blogger has a useful stats tracker, where you can see your blog’s performance. All you have to do to check it:
- Go to the Blogger dashboard.
- Click on the Stats section on the left menu bar and go through the submenus:
- Overview. Presents the summary of your blog’s overall statistics.
- Posts. Shows how many times, in descending order, your posts are viewed.
- Traffic sources. Displays the sources from where your audience came across your blog. It’s either from Referring URLs, Referring Sites, or Search Keywords.
- Audience. Illustrates which countries your visitors are from, web browser usage statistics, and what operating system they use.
Adding Google Analytics to Your Blog
The second method to check Blogger stats is to use Google Analytics.
Signing Up For Google Analytics
The first part of the process is to get a Tracking ID from Google Analytics:
- Go to Google Analytics page and press Sign Up.
- Click Website and fill in the required information such as your account name, website name, and the website URL.
- Select your Industry Category of your blog and choose your Reporting Time Zone.
- Click the Get Tracking ID button.
Your Tracking ID will be displayed at the top of the Tracking Code page.
Installing Google Analytics on Blogger
Now to the next section of the process:
- Sign in to your Blogger account.
- Click on the Settings menu on the left side-bar and select Other.
- Go down the page until you find the Google Analytics section.
- Paste your Tracking ID, then press the Save Settings button in the top right corner of the page.
Your website’s data will appear in Google Analytics within 24 hours. You can also check real-time information to see how many visitors are currently on your site.
Keep Track of Those Numbers
Easy right? And now that you’re all set, all you have to do is continue tracking the number of traffic your blog gets. Use the information gathered to create higher quality content and start targeting specific audiences.
Let’s look back on how you can get data from your blog:
- Blogger’s built-in stats tool ‒ simply navigate through your dashboard and find the Stats section.
- Google Analytics ‒ sign up and acquire your Tracking ID. Place it on the Google Analytics section in Blogger Settings.
Hopefully, this article has proved useful, and now you know a little bit more about how to track your site’s statistics. Good luck!