One of the most crucial aspects of every email marketing campaign — besides having viable products and good marketing material — is building an email list.
To help you collect useful data that improves the chances of your campaign’s success, you can use Constant Contact, a famous marketing service that can be easily integrated with your WordPress site.
But before you learn how to add Constant Contact to WordPress, I am going to explain the importance of building an email list for your business.
Why You Should Build an Email List
The goal of email marketing is to engage with your audience and let them know about its products or services that you’re selling. You can do so by sending informative content about a specific item or letting them know about a discount alert on your stores, to name a few common practices.
Now wouldn’t it be pointless if you don’t have anyone to receive all that promotional content?
That’s why you should not forget building an email list. Furthermore, establishing direct communication with your customers is not the only benefit there is.
Firstly, it is a promising investment.
Getting thousands of people to subscribe to your company may sound challenging, but the result will definitely make the whole process worthwhile.
According to data from Campaign Monitor, a successful email marketing campaign can produce up to 4400% return on investment. That’s a $43 profit for every $1 you put into it!
Secondly, it can help increase conversions by a large margin.
A recent study reveals that, when it comes to making more people convert, email has the highest rate out of any platform – around 66%.
The good news is, email marketing also proves to be an effective way to reach a wider audience. More than 70% of people prefer to get informational content about a product through their inbox rather than their social media account (12%).
What’s more, this whole process doesn’t cost that much. For example, the price of using Constant Contact starts at $20/month. That is a pretty good deal compared to what you’ll get out of it.
Introduction to Constant Contact
Constant Contact can be considered the best email marketing service for a small business. The price is affordable, with plenty of great features, and what’s better, the company lets you use it for free for a 60-day period.
After that, you need to choose one of the premium options, ranging from $20 to $335+ per month, depending on how many contacts you have to manage.
But most importantly, Constant Contact has everything that you need to make a great marketing campaign. First of all, it lets you create stunning and attractive emails which will make you look confident in front of your recipients.
Luckily, if you don’t want to start completely from scratch, you have the option to use available premade email templates.
Either way, once you get your content ready, you will be given complete statistics that show you how it performs in real-time. You can see the open and click-through rate, as well as conversions you made out of it.
Even though Constant Contact is built with websites in mind, it still allows you to collect emails from social media platforms like Facebook.
How to Build an Email List Using Constant Contact
There are two major steps when integrating Constant Contact to WordPress — setting up your account and adding the signup form to your site. Let’s begin!
Step 1 — Setting Up Your Constant Contact Account
Besides showing you how to register your Constant Contact account, I will also explain how to make your first email marketing piece!
- Once you enter the website, click Sign Up Now at the top right corner and complete the registration form.
- There will be a prompt to personalize your experience using Constant Contact. You can skip this step if you want.
- Click on Create an Email to start. Pick one of the available options to get your started.
4. Modify the email design according to your preferences. After that, click Continue. Now you are ready to send it to your subscribers!
Step 2 — Adding Constant Contact Signup Forms in WordPress
After creating your account, it’s time to put signup forms on your WordPress site.
- On your Constant Contact homepage, go to the Sign-up Forms menu. You will have four styles to choose from, including Pop-up, Inline, Lead Generation Landing Page, and Facebook Lead Ad. The first two options are used most commonly.
- On the editor page, you can change all of the elements on the form, like its background, button, title, and description text. Once you’re done, click Publish.
- If you opt for the Inline signup form, you need to paste the Universal Code into your website’s footer first. To do that, go to your WordPress Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets, and choose Custom HTML. Paste the snippet into the box.
- Now to install the Inline Code, navigate to Pages -> All Pages. Choose which page you want the sign-up form to appear on. Then, while editing your post in WordPress, change from Visual editor to the Text editor where you can paste the code on any part of your page.
However, if you choose the pop-up style, you only need to install the Universal Code plugin, which you can put on multiple pages or in your website’s footer, to make it appear on every page.
Keep in mind that, when you modify the signup form via Constant Contact, all the changes will automatically take effect on your site.
Start Collecting Those Emails!
As you have learned in this article, an effective email marketing campaign can bring substantial profit to your business – a significant return on investment along with a higher conversion rate. One of the most crucial steps towards that goal is to encourage visitors to sign up their email first.
Performing such a task is a walk in the park, thanks to the powerful tool that is Constant Contact. However, if you have a strict budget, you should read the article on the best free email marketing services to fulfill your needs without spending a penny.
To summarize, let’s take a look at how you can build an email list using Constant Contact on your WordPress site.
- Sign up for your Constant Contact account
- Create your content inside WordPress’ visual editor
- Edit your signup form, then paste the Inline or Universal Code in intended pages to make the forms appear on your WordPress site
Once you have collected enough contacts, you’re ready to send promotions to your recipients!
Wasn’t that easy? If you have any questions, be sure to leave a comment down below!