Finding a perfect business name is often tricky. Not only does it have to be catchy and stand out from the crowd, but it also carries the business’ story and purpose.
The great news is that you now can get an excellent business name using name generators. They provide a wide selection of name ideas without much hassle.
In this article, I share the eight best business name generators to help you during the naming process.
How Important Is Your Business Name?
Here are three main reasons why a business name is important.
- First impression. Names elicit emotions, which then spark the audience’s curiosity and interest in the brand. Take a brand name like Colourpop, for example. Some people may not know what it is, but their subconscious mind immediately relates it to an explosive and colorful thing.
- The summary of your company. Your business name gives your brand identity and creates positive associations for the customers. For example, Intel, coming from “integrated electronics,” makes people relate to tech products.
- Memorability. Catchy business names help your target audience remember you. It can also be an essential factor to increase brand recall.
Are Business Name Generators Really Useful?
On average, 543,000 new businesses are founded each month. With that huge number, brand naming can be increasingly difficult. You have to make sure of your business name’s domain availability and the uniqueness and versatility before claiming it yours.
With a business name generator, an entrepreneur can come up with a perfect business name with an artificial intelligence (AI) name generator and extra tools that help testing name ideas with the community and to buy the domain from the same site.
8 Best Business Name Generators
I have selected eight great business name generators that can provide hundreds of ideas, along with their pros and cons. Let’s take a look at which brand name generator that suits your needs.
1. Shopify’s Business Name Generator
With Shopify, you just need to enter a query, and it will generate 100 name suggestions containing the keyword. This tool can be a one-stop brand naming solution as you can reserve your business name and domain and create a Shopify account.
- Filtered domain names. You don’t have to check the domain name on other sites because Shopify only displays unused domains.
- The Exchange Marketplace. You can purchase a ready-built eCommerce store. The stores range from apparel to coffee and already have the average revenue.
- A 14-day free trial. Helps you try Shopify features before selecting a monthly plan starting from $29.
You cannot register a domain name without setting up a Shopify shop.
2. Zyro’s Business Name Generator
Zyro will generate name ideas from the keywords you type. The AI generator will display dozens of unique business names. If you want to check the domain availability, copy the selected name and check it on its checker.
- Good interface design. The tool’s interface is clear and straightforward. It presents the list of business names on one page, so you can easily see the recommendations.
- Creative name ideas. Zyro doesn’t only put the keywords you type and combine them with other related words, but it offers creative brand names.
- Helpful brand naming tips. If you wonder how to come up with brandable business names, read the information located below the generator.
There are no filtering options, such as based on the industry or emotion. You have to include it on the keywords, so the AI can recognize it.
Name your business with this tool and set your preferences using the Industry Filter and Result Filters. Yet, you have to enter the queries and click Generate first before getting access to those tools.
- Industry and Result filter. Lets you limit the name options by business fields, like sports or travel, and the number of words and characters. You can also choose whether to put the keyword before or after the suggested names.
- The built-in registrar. Check domain name availability by clicking each result item.
- Ideas repository. You can save the name ideas and send them to your email.
The business name ideas are too descriptive. One of the keywords you type has to be in the name. For example, when I typed “young woman fashion,” the results will be “Spike Young,” “Shoot Fashion,” or “Woman Viewer.”
This business name generator applies AI to create various business names. First, enter the keywords, then the tool will ask you to choose the name length and name style. It’s helpful to filter the business names based on your liking.
- Various naming styles. Range from brandable names like Google and Trulia to rhyming words like FireWire and SubHub.
- Graphic visualization. The results come up in the form of logos. It makes the searching process more appealing and fun.
- Logo editing. The clickable logos lead you to another tab providing logo templates and allowing you to edit the logo right away.
If you want to save the brand names, you have to log in using an email or Twitter account. The logo editing tool is free, but you have to pay $25 when downloading the PNG file.
SquadHelp offers several ways to get a perfect name for your business. You can use the AI-based name generator, get custom name suggestions from the branding experts and agency, and instant pre-made names for sale.
- Filtering options. Before getting a company name, SquadHelp asks you to select your business’s specific industry, enter 2-3 keywords, and choose emotions you want the name to evoke. This first step will provide useful context to their AI technology and prepare you with suitable options.
- Hundreds of name collections. This business name creator has handpicked the available brand names and displays them using logos.
- Logo designs and domain names. You can choose the name and buy the domain and logo immediately.
The cost of the business name, logo, and domain is $1000. Even though it offers a monthly payment plan, the price is considerably high, especially for a new business that still has to think about other purchases, including a website and basic supplies.
This brand name generator offers thousands of names in multiple languages. Type a relevant word to get the name suggestions along with the domains for your business. Pick your favorite domain extension, like .com or .net, and check the availability.
- Favorites. Once you star the item, Namestation will gather your favorites and produce more similar names.
- Crowdsourced name contests. Helps you get suggestions from their community.
- A variety of keyword filters. Include append and compound keywords. It also offers other helpful tools like a list of suffixes, translations, and dictionary words.
If you look for creative names, Namesation may not be suitable for you.
The available suggestions are too descriptive and sometimes don’t sound relevant to the industry. For instance, when I typed “young woman fashion,” the results are “YoungHotel.com” and “YoungMusic.com.”
NetSubstance.com provides a detailed filter before searching for a name for your business. The company name generator also incorporates the Whois database to help you check whether the domain name you choose is available.
- Thorough filters. You can adjust the settings, such as the number of vowels, consonants, and the maximum letters.
- Clickable names. Lead you to make sure other businesses haven’t taken the name.
The concept of arranging vowels or consonants can be helpful, but the final words are random and sometimes weird.
Brand names should be simple and easy to spell, but when I tried keywords “young, woman, fashion” on this generator, some of the outcomes are “cfiqau,” “ffyau,” and “fzpuio,” so mileage may vary.
This free business name generator helps you find a business name idea by only clicking Get Name!. You don’t have to type any business-related keywords.
- Tons of options. WordLab lists 7,223,742 potential names to choose from.
- A community for suggesting names. Sign up for their free account, and you will get access to post your selected name to their forum that gives helpful suggestions.
- A specific name generator for certain industries. Click Name Generators below the green box to see other generators for several niches, like bars and event planning companies.
WordLab doesn’t display the names using a list, so you have to click the Get Name! button continuously to find the perfect one.
Those are the eight best business name generators we found that can help you find the right name for your brand. After choosing a brand name and ensuring its domain availability, consider checking if it’s used on social media. When everything is settled, quickly register the business name and call it your own.