A free password generator is a handy tool to have, especially in these days when security threats and hackers are virtually everywhere.
I am going to show you five free password generator options that you can rely on to secure your data online. However, before we get into the list, I want you to know why it is vital to have a strong password in the first place.
Why You Should Care About Your Password Strength?
A password is the single most important part when it comes to protecting your data. It is basically the key to your private information and that’s why the only person who should know it is you.
You need a strong password so no one could get access to your accounts and steal your information. By using a unique password you significantly reduce the risk of getting compromised.
Experts recommend creating a password that has at least eight characters and consists of both uppercase and lowercase letters, symbols, and numbers.
You should never settle for a less random combination than this. It is not recommended using simple or obvious combinations, such as basic words, consecutive numbers, birth dates, etc. Your password will be much easier to guess, especially by someone who knows you personally.
It’s also a mistake to assign the same password for multiple accounts. If a hacker gets access to a single account, all of your accounts are going to be in danger.
Top 5 Free Password Generators Worth Using
LastPass is one of the more popular password generators out there. Whether you use it on a desktop or a phone, it still looks and performs really well.
In terms of functionality, it can generate a password with up to 50 characters, which can be customized in terms of its difficulty.
The web version of LastPass doesn’t differ much from its competitors. If you want to enjoy all of its available features, like password management, auto-login, for example, you have to use the full version.
- Sleek design. It has the most modern design out of all password generators on this list.
- Deep customization. You have the option to make your password either completely random or more easy to memorize.
- Limited features. Additional features are only available in the full version of LastPass app which you have to pay for.
It’s easy to recommend LastPass not only because it’s popular, but also because it’s a simple and reliable password generator solution.
If you want instantly generate multiple passwords at the same time with unique combinations, you have to try out Tech Zoom Password Generator. Apart from choosing what symbols you want to include, you can also format your password like a credit card number to remember it more easily.
- Customization options. Generate up to 50 different password variables with up to 40 characters each, all with a single button press.
- Unique formatting options. Your password can be displayed in a credit card format, which makes it easier for you to remember it.
- No export feature. You can’t transfer your passwords elsewhere and will have to copy it manually.
If you are just looking for a simple password generator tool that can give you dozens of options at the same time, Tech Zoom Password Generator should be a suitable choice. Sadly, you have to save your newly generated passwords manually.
You may find it excessive, but Strong Password Generator can give you a password with an unlimited number of characters.
Another convenient feature is that it lets you transfer your information to your phone or tablet securing it through a barcode.
- Unlimited characters. You can generate an unlimited number of characters for a single password.
- Password transfer. It can transfer the generated password to your email or mobile device so you will be able to save and manage it more conveniently.
- Outdated. The last time the page was updated was in June 2016.
Did it ever cross your mind to have an absurdly long password? Strong Password Generator can do just that! Also, unlike other web-based tools, you can transfer your password to save it to your favorite device using a barcode.
While it’s not reaching for an unlimited number, Strong Random Password Generator can still generate thousands of characters for a single password combination. What’s more, this tool provides you with useful information, such as a password reminder tool and a written guide on how to protect your privacy
- High character limit. The longest password you can generate is 2048 characters.
- Password hint. It generates a unique hint along with your password that helps you memorize it more easily.
- Manual saving. You can’t store your passwords elsewhere and have to manually copy them to another place.
This password generator’s best feature is its generated password hint system. That being said, the 2048 character limit and written privacy guide are great and useful additions.
There are five settings that you need to configure to generate a password using MSD Service Password Generator – an algorithm, a set of symbols you want to use, length and number of passwords to generate, whether you want to save these settings, and a random seed setting.
My favorite feature is the algorithm setting, where you can opt for a pronounceable or random password. That means that no matter how unique the combination is, you will still be able to recite it more easily.
- Pronounceable password feature. This tool offers you the freedom to have a strong password that is still easy to memorize and pronounce.
- Efficient password generator. Get hundreds of different passwords at the same time, instead of generating them one by one.
- Slow response. You’ll feel a noticeable delay when using this service.
With MSD Services Password Generator, you can generate an easy-to-remember password even when it consists of different characters and symbols.
Secure Your Data!
Your personal password is an integral part of your online protection. If you want to ensure the safety of your data, you need to use a unique set of characters and symbols, to ensure that it’s harder for someone to crack it.
Since coming up with a random combination is not easy, you can try using one of these free password generators to help you with the task:
- LastPass – a well designed free password generator that comes from a famous security company.
- Tech Zoom Password Generator – a simple password generator tool that can produce up to 50 combinations at the same time.
- Strong Password Generator – it is able to give you a really long password and save it in your preferred mobile device.
- Strong Random Password Generator – another great tool with its generated password hint feature.
- MSD Services Password Generator – if you are looking for a pronounceable yet unique password, this tool is the one to go for.
I hope that this guide was helpful and good luck!