Do you want to promote your products and maintain a reasonable marketing budget? Then affiliate marketing can be an excellent option for you! This strategy is becoming more and more popular every day, generating greater revenue while keeping the budget costs low.
If you have a WordPress site, integrating an affiliate campaign is not that difficult with the help of WordPress affiliate plugins. There are plenty of options available, but you need to choose the one that would best suit your needs.
To help you make an informed decision, I’ll be covering the seven best affiliate plugins available on the market today. Read on to find out!
A Must-Have Tool for Affiliate Marketers
Let’s start by figuring out how affiliate marketing works.
First things first, third-parties will review your products and promote them to their audience. An affiliate link will be included in the review, where visitors can purchase the item.
Then, whenever customers buy products via the given link, the affiliate partners will earn a commission. You can pay them based on a flat rate or a percentage of the total transaction.
In practice, you can build partnerships with many affiliates at once. However, keep in mind that you have to choose your affiliates carefully. Work with reputable people to ensure that your products are reviewed properly and gain more conversions.
Here are some of the reasons why affiliate marketing is worth considering:
- Performance-based system – you pay a commission only when a purchase order occurs.
- Market expansion – reach out to a wider audience by collaborating with a wide number of affiliates.
- Better reputation – elevate your brand by working with popular and reputable influencers.
Keep in mind that while making an affiliate campaign might look simple, it can be quite challenging — especially for beginners.
That’s why it is recommended to use a WordPress affiliate plugin. The tool will help you create a good affiliate management system, which consists of:
- Affiliate partner management – track affiliates’ performance and commission.
- Sales reporting – monitor the revenue generated from ongoing campaigns.
- Referral link creator – generates affiliate links for any product you wish to promote.
Top 7 WordPress Affiliate Plugins Worth Checking Out
The following plugins are chosen based on features and price. The pros and cons of each plugin will also be discussed.
AffiliateWP is a feature-rich plugin that allows you to manage an affiliate campaign with ease.
This plugin offers the manual affiliate approval function – with this feature, affiliate registrations can either be automatically or manually approved. Then, the affiliates can generate their own links by using the referral link generator.
Other than using referral URLs, affiliates can gain commissions through coupon codes. You just need to use the affiliate coupon tracking feature and connect coupon codes to a specific account. When the code is redeemed, the affiliate will be rewarded.
Need more functions? No worries! AffiliateWP has tons of addons available – both free and premium.
For example, Allowed Products (free add-on) allows you to disable commissions for certain products, while Tiered Affiliate Rates (pro add-on) can set up multiple commission rate tiers.
There are four different pricing plans available, and all of them come with 16 free add-ons. The price ranges from $99/year to $499/year.
- Feel free to experiment with various marketing campaign setups. If the plugin doesn’t fit your needs, you can receive a refund with the help of their 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AffiliateWP has great online documentation, so it’s easy to find any solution in case any issue arises.
- Many of the more useful features only come with Pro add-ons, and they can’t be bought separately. In order to use them, you need to purchase one of the higher-tier plans.
AffiliateWP is an easy to use affiliate plugin with lots of features like manual affiliate approval and referral link generator. These features grant you total control of your campaign while keeping the link generation automatic. It comes with great addons too, allowing you to set up commissions with its tiered rates.
WP Affiliate Manager is one of the freemium plugins on the list that is worth trying. This plugin comes with an intuitive affiliates portal that makes promoting your products and services hassle-free since all of the detailed information for endorsement is well-provided.
Also, it has an automated system that makes all of the processes – from the signups to referral code generators – easy to manage.
From the get-go, setting up a campaign or deciding the commission method is easy. You can decide between flat or percentage-based commission model. Either way, you can attract many affiliates to join.
WPAffiliate Manager is 100% compatible with WooCommerce.
You can use WP Affiliate Manager including frequent updates and community support at your disposal. However, if you need premium support, there are two pricing plans available – Single Site plan costs $39 for one site and Developer License costs $97 for an unlimited number of sites.
- You can get a full-featured plugin at zero cost.
- Integrates well with plenty of other platforms like MailChimp, Infusionsoft, and Paypal.
- It offers no money-back guarantee, so think carefully before purchasing the premium support license.
WP Affiliate Manager is an easy pick if you want a free plugin with complete features. What’s more, it is easy to install and offers seamless integration with your favorite platforms. There’s really no reason not to use this plugin.
Starting up an affiliate campaign should be easy, and Ultimate Affiliate Pro is the right tool for such a task.
From campaign set up to affiliates’ recruitment, from promoting products to boosting sales performance — you can do it all with this plugin.
Ultimate Affiliate Pro is a plugin with distinctive features – one of them is the Lifetime Commission. This feature allows an affiliate to earn commissions from future referral purchases.
Want to make the best of your affiliate links? Use Social Share&Locker to provide share button options so affiliates would be able to share their links on any social network. What’s more, this plugin has integrated ten email marketing platforms to support your newsletter campaigns.
Another notable feature from Ultimate Affiliate Pro is its Fair Checkout Reward. As its names suggest, this feature allows customers to choose who will get the referral reward during the checkout process.
Ultimate Affiliate Pro is currently priced at $41 and comes with six months of support and updates.
- With custom currency feature, you can manage currency difference more easily.
- Complete tools to monitor the affiliate’s performance. Some examples are CPC (Cost per Click) and CPA (Cost per Action) tracking and Tiered rank.
- It requires you to pay an extra $13.50 to get a 12-month extended support. Also, a few users reported issues with certain features such as social sharing and configurations like Multi-level marketing setups.
With a bundle of features like the Lifetime Commission and Fair Checkout Reward, Ultimate Affiliate Pro is worth considering. Plus, setting up a campaign from its dashboard is also a very straightforward process.
Affiliates is another freemium plugin to help you properly run an affiliate marketing program.
This plugin comes with a well-organized dashboard – managing affiliate registration, creating an affiliate area and installing integration features is easy from the get-go.
Apart from that, Affiliates is able to integrate itself with any ecommerce platform like WooCommerce and various online communities.
The free version of Affiliates might be too limited for more advanced campaign needs. Fortunately, getting their premium version resolves that issue.
The price for its Pro plan ranges from $69 (single site) to $229 (up to 25 sites) for a single license, while the Enterprise plan is priced at either $149 (single site) or $399 (up to 25 sites).
- This plugin is one of the best freemium affiliate plugins with an intuitive dashboard that offers plenty of advanced features.
- Its pixel tracking offers better sales tracking. Running under the hood, it will be more convenient for the customer instead of clicking the referral links.
- Its best plans give you limited site licenses. For those who don’t know how many sites to use beforehand, this can be challenging.
Affiliates is a freemium plugin with lots of amazing features like pixel tracking for tracing sales with ease. Unfortunately, you can’t have unlimited site licenses like others.
When it comes to WordPress affiliate plugin, Affiliate Royale is worth mentioning.
The Affiliate Royale has an easy to use dashboard, so executing daily tasks will cause no problems for beginners and advanced users alike.
This affiliate tool integrates well with various ecommerce plugins, so you don’t have to worry about broken code and slow sites.
Affiliate Royale has two pricing plans that include premium support and automatic updates. The Merchant Edition costs $85/year for one site while the Developer Edition has a $165 price tag for unlimited sites.
- Extremely easy to use, with a simple and clean dashboard.
- It has a 14-day money-back guarantee if the plugin can’t suit your affiliate program’s goal.
- Focusing on simplicity, this plugin has fewer features when compared to others.
If you need a simple plugin with an easy to use dashboard for your affiliate marketing program, Affiliate Royale just might be your pick. This plugin supports straightforward integration with many ecommerce platforms that help with tracking initial and recurring payments.
ReferralCandy is another affiliate plugin for you to consider.
It integrates flawlessly with most popular ecommerce platforms such as Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magneto.
ReferralCandy allows you to automate your affiliate programs, thanks to its automatic reward distribution feature that detects successful referrals to determine commissions.
Not only that, it has an automatic fraud prevention feature. This is to identify suspicious activities that want to take advantage of your affiliate program. It comes with ban features that allow you to block a reward for those who commit fraudulent transactions.
With their data-driven insights, you can optimize your affiliate campaign properly. You can see the sales and traffic as well as customer insights. Plus, you can do a benchmark test to compare your performance against the industry standard.
You can also connect your ecommerce site to other platforms. Some popular examples are Mailchimp, GoogleAds, and FacebookPixel.
ReferralCandy for WooCommerce has two pricing plans: Premium costs $49/month plus commissions, for unlimited customers and fraud protection. Enterprise costs $3,999/year and includes all benefits of a Premium plan, plus account manager and priority support.
- A 30-day trial is available for those who want to try this plugin before purchasing a plan.
- ReferralCandy’s integration with popular ecommerce platforms is reliable and with 30,000 online stores that use it, it does prove its quality.
- The low-tier plan requires an additional monthly commission fee that is calculated based on your monthly sales.
ReferralCandy can be a great choice because of its impeccable integration with popular platforms like Magento, GoogleAds, and FacebookPixel. Plus, the unique automatic reward distribution feature makes commission sharing not only fast but precise, based on transaction tracking. The downside is you must pay for additional commission based on your sales.
Tapfiliate is a great plugin with plenty of exclusive features.
For starters, Affiliate Autopilot ensures a simple and yet thorough onboarding process. It comes with a personalized dashboard for affiliates to track their performance.
Tapfiliate also allows you to create performance-based bonuses. You can define affiliate tiers and set bonuses accordingly. What’s more, you can attract more affiliates with lifetime commissions too. This commission model allows the affiliate to get a commission anytime a customer buys a product from you in the future.
What about platform integration? No worries. Popular platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, Stripe, and Zapier can be well-integrated using a plug-and-play method.
Tapfiliate is a plugin you can download for free but works as SaaS (Software as a Service), where you need to pay for a monthly subscription.
There are three pricing plans for Tapfiliate – the Essentials plan is priced at $69/month including all Essentials features for 1000 affiliates.
The Pro plan costs $149/month for all Pro features for 5 team members and up to 10,000 affiliates.
The Enterprise plan offers custom pricing options for all of the features and an unlimited number of team members.
- With enhanced social sharing, you can boost your business growth by using attractive social media content.
- This plugin allows you to collaborate better with affiliates from many different countries as it supports six languages.
- Limited numbers of affiliates in the low-tier plans.
Tapfiliate is a superb affiliate plugin with special features like Affiliate Autopilot for great onboarding process. With its Lifetime Commission feature, you can attract many influencers to join your program as well. The negative point is its monthly plan might be a bit expensive if you are on a tight budget.
Take Your Pick!
Affiliate marketing can boost your branding and sales. The best thing is, you don’t need to break the bank in order to launch this type of marketing strategy. Simply use a WordPress affiliate plugin and you’re ready to go!
Let’s take a look one more time at some of the best WordPress affiliate plugins out there:
- AffiliateWP – feature-rich plugin with many additional add-ons, plus a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- WPAffiliate Manager – has a great affiliate portal and supports WooCommerce seamless integration.
- Ultimate Affiliate Pro – great for promoting products through social media via its Social Share&Locker.
- Affiliates – suitable for building multi-level marketing with its Multiple tiers feature.
- Affiliate Royale – for those who demand simplicity in starting an affiliate program right away.
- ReferralCandy for WooCommerce – its automation process for sharing profit and fraud prevention is amazing.
- Tapfiliate – works as SaaS (Software as a Service) and supports six languages, equipped with a simple onboarding process via Affiliate Autopilot.
Now, what are you waiting for? It’s time to set up engaging affiliate programs and pick the best affiliates to promote your products.