Looking for the right popup plugins to boost your website can be pretty challenging. As there are thousands of popup plugins you can easily access from your WordPress dashboard, how do you know which one is right for you?
In this article, I will tell you about some of the best WordPress popup plugins along with the features and prices. So, let’s get on it!
Why Do You Need to Use a Popup Plugin?
Well, to start off popups can increase the conversion rate of your website. The average popup conversion rate on a website is around 3.09%. This number may be small but given that your website visitors probably reach hundreds or even thousands a day, you have a good chance of doubling your usual percentage.
Another reason is the fact that popup plugins can help to grow email lists for businesses. This type of plugin gives the option to put an opt-in form encouraging your visitors to subscribe to newsletters or anything else of your liking.
Despite all of the obvious perks though, popups can also slow down the speed of your website and annoy visitors. That is why it is very crucial for you to choose a good plugin to deliver its functions without damaging your speed and SEO.
Top 8 WordPress Popup Plugins Worth Checking
Here I will show you eight WordPress popup plugins you may be interested in, based on their prices, features and ease of use.
Priced at $19 a month for its basic plan, this plugin is definitely not the most affordable one out there.
However, with its features such as targeting and triggering options, analytics reports, and many more, this plugin can be a good choice for website owners who have the budget for it.
OptinMonster offers various triggering options such as scroll, time, and their most popular one – an exit-intent trigger. These features detect users’ activities on your website, then will display popups accordingly.
Not only that, but they also offer some great targeting options that you won’t get from any other plugins. Geo-location, and device targeting, to name a few.
- Drag and Drop feature — you don’t need coding skills to customize and create your popups as there are a simple builder feature and built-in drag and drop elements.
- Analytics reports — a complete report on how your popups are doing is given every month. In-depth insights on your website visitors’ activities and what they prefer is available on the dashboard, making it easier to see what’s working and what’s not.
- Pricey — to get the full features with all of its goodies, you need to pay around $600 a year.
If you want a professional plugin to help you grow your site to a whole other level, this one is perfect for you. With targeting options that let you spot the audience based on their needs, you can increase your opt-ins rate easily. Though it is kind of expensive, the complete features offered balance it out.
2. Ninja Popups
If you’re looking for an affordable popup plugin, Ninja Popups might be a great choice. With only $26 a year, you can get the full features this plugin offers.
Should you need support, this plugin offers six months of support from Arscode for $7.
Customizing your popup is a breeze too. Through its built-in popup builder, this plugin lets you use your creative drive to customize the popups any way you want with the drag and drop editor.
Ninja Popup also gives you the option to translate your content into different languages as it supports the WordPress Multilingual Plugin (WPML).
Though there is no free version of this plugin, with the creative freedom that you get it’s worth it to dig your pocket a little deeper.
- Fend off ad blockers — you don’t have to worry about people with ad blockers visiting your site. Ninja popups plugin will still display permission enabled popup and give your visitors a chance to opt-out.
- Multiple add-ons options — this plugin offers widget add-ons, and also a themes-pack that you can get for a certain fee.
- Limited theme options — unless you install the add-on themes pack, the choices you get are somewhat underwhelming.
This plugin is a great choice for those who want more creating freedom when building popups. It also will save you from losing traffic to adblockers. No more wasted opt-in opportunities.
Priced at $89 a year, this plugin is definitely more on the expensive side. However, Bloom offers a 30-day-money-back-guarantee if you’re not satisfied with its products. Plus, if you’re willing to add a little more money, you can purchase lifetime access priced at $249.
Bloom is best used for email marketing as it’s primary aim is to grow your subscriber’s list. They gently encourage your visitors to subscribe to your newsletters with their fly-in, in-line, and below content opt-in.
Supported by Elegant themes, this plugin provides some of the best looking options out there. Plus, even with more than 100 already made templates, you still get the option to fully customize your popups! On top of that, Bloom also has fully responsive campaigns that would look good on any device.
- WordPress custom panel — a detailed report on your stats will be given to you on the WordPress dashboard. You can see the performance of each popup.
- Unique popups triggers — this plugin offers many different trigger options. Timed delay, end of the content, inactivity and many more!
- No free version — if you like this plugin, you’ll have to spend some money, as there is no free version to try.
This plugin would be good for businesses that send out a number of newsletters. The opt-ins are perfect for email marketing with professional and clean looks. With its unique and different popup triggers, this plugin is definitely worth a try.
If you’re looking for a free plugin and you don’t mind creating your popups with only one template, then this may be a good option. With certain limitations, Sumo can be free to use.
The free Sumo version comes with 13 built-in tools that you can activate and deactivate easily with a toggle.
However, if you want to use this plugin with all of its complete features and remove its branding, you have to pay either $39 a month or $468 a year.
- In-depth analytics — you get to have a variety of different analytics to see how your popups are performing and to track your target audience.
- 30-money-back-guarantee — if you’re not satisfied with your results while using this plugin, there’s a no questions asked money-back guarantee.
- Limited templates — with the free plan, you only get to create your popups with one template. If you want more – you’ll have to pay up.
A great free plugin, if you don’t mind it’s limitations. This plugin also offers a variety of different analytics that you can opt for even with the free plan. If you want to be more creative with your popup creation though, don’t expect too much!
If you’re looking for a free plugin and don’t mind simple popups, basic triggers, and limited targeting options – then this WordPress popup plugin is for you! Should you need more options, you also can install some paid add-ons that increase the performance.
In terms of ease of use, this plugin is not exactly a beginner-friendly. You need to understand basic HTML to create and place your campaigns. But there’s another plugin called Icegram Rainmaker to help you with this!
At the time of this writing, the Icegram pro plan is priced at $97, while the max plan is at $147 a year.
- Headline generator — if you ever feel like you’re short of inspiration, this headline generator will help you revive your creative drive. Or you can simply use one of the examples.
- No account, no problem — this plugin doesn’t force you to sign up before you can start using their features. All you have to do is install and you’re good to go.
- Limited triggering options — the only triggering option you get for free is the time based one.
This plugin would be perfect for you if you want some simple popups with not much to customize. Not to mention it’s free! When it comes to the features that come with the free plan though, this plugin doesn’t offer much compared to Sumo.
6. Popup Maker
Popup maker offers a free plugin with pretty functional features. Even with the free plan, this plugin offers you various page targeting options such as page-leveling, on-post, on the homepage, and so on.
If the free features are not enough though, this plugin also offers a lot of great extensions that you can get a certain price.
Moreover, by purchasing their most popular extension bundle for $192 a year, you get to have a feature that blocks your visitors from browsing through further with no exit option.
- Lots of paid extensions provided — scroll trigger popup, analytics, video popups, scheduling, and so on.
- No built-in analytics — analytics are not provided for free! You need to install a paid extension for $45 a year. Kind of pricey compared to their extension bundle.
If you want a free plugin to start out, then this may be good for you. With its user-friendly display and page targeting options, you’re more than ready to set off on your journey. However, you don’t get analytics report as a free user so be prepared for that.
This plugin lets you fully customize its 100 pre-made templates. Plus, with over 700 fonts and, you have a pretty good chance of creating unique and one of a kind popup that meets your expectations and standards.
ConverPlus also offers great unique features such as exit and social popups, widget boxes, info bars, video popups, and so on.
In terms of triggers, this plugin has exit-intent, timed, user inactivity and after scroll triggers.
As of right now, the regular license for this plugin is priced at $24 a year.
- Real-time analytics — easily track your conversion rates, clicks and visitors on your website in a live report.
- Various popup display positions — with this plugin, you get to put your popups in 10 places like notification bars, sidebar widgets, after and before a post, full screen, and many more.
- No free version — you’ll have to pay up if this plugin is what you’re looking for.
With its fully customizable features, this WordPress popup plugin would be perfect for people with a knack for creativity and want to maintain the theme of their websites. I’d not recommend it for beginners with no prior experience of creating popups, though. And keep in mind that this plugin has no free feature.
Powered fully with the Elementor page builder features and widgets, this plugin offers great control of your popups. With over beautifully designed 100 templates, you get full freedom in customizing.
When it comes to the targeting options, this plugin offers three main targeting options namely conditions, triggers, and advanced rules. Plus, they give you full control of your popup’s behavior through the advanced rules.
However, there’s no free version of this plugin. Starting from $49 a year for personal use to $199 yearly for an expert plan.
- Build your own popups — building your popup from scratch is also an option that you get from this builder.
- Delayed exit button — a feature that might increase the chance of your visitors to opt-in. Don’t overuse this feature though. Your website might look spammy.
- No analytics — as of right now, there’s no built-in analytics in Elementor. That only means you won’t know the conversion rate you’re making while using this plugin.
In terms of designs and themes, this popup builder is one of the best on the market. With this builder, you get to really customize your popups to your heart’s desire. However, remember that all of it also comes with a price.
Boost Your Conversion Rate Right Now!
Popups can be very annoying if not maintained well. Let’s face it, most of the time popups look like spam.
No worries though! There are many popup plugins out there that allow you to create and control your popups so they don’t appear spammy and intrusive.
Here is a summary of all of the things we’ve learned today.
- Popups by OptinMonster — with its easy to use tools, mobile popups customization, and a complete report each month, this plugin has it all.
- Ninja Popups — this plugin helps you reach ad blocker users and gives you WPML support which translates your popups to different languages.
- Bloom — content locking, unique popups triggers, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Sumo — gives you a free plugin with 13 amazing built-in apps including in-depth analytics of your popups stats.
- Icegram — with a headline generator and no requirement to sign up, this free plugin can be a good option.
- Popup Maker — a free plugin that offers you with paid extensions like forced interaction features and page targeting options.
- ConvertPlus — along with the live analytics report, this plugin is also supported with various popup display options.
- Elementor — when it comes to design options and themes, this would be perfect for you with a fully customizable popup builder powered by Elementor page builder features.
There you have it! The top eight WordPress popups plugins that you definitely need to check out. Feel free to choose whatever suits you best. Good luck.