Have you thought of posting reviews on your website? With the use of WordPress review plugins, you can make review posts without a hassle.
Every WordPress user should be familiar with plugins. They’re extensions that help add more functionality to your website, and as a fact, there are free and premium plugins. And due to that, I’ll be comparing both paid and free WordPress review plugins.
How Important Is Product Review?
You might wonder what’s the point of creating product reviews in the first place. Well, did you know that almost all customers equally trust personal recommendations and online reviews?
People read product reviews before making a purchase since it’s a great way to determine the reputation of the business.
Furthermore, If you own an online business, you can display comments and product reviews from your loyal customers to attract more potential buyers. It’s definitely worth joining the trend.
Top 7 WordPress Review Plugins
To help you with the task of creating reviews, here is a list of the top six WordPress review plugins:
- Comparison table ‒ other than the common rating systems such as stars and percentages, you can create a table comparing different products.
- Easy to use ‒ the interface is straightforward, you don’t need technical knowledge to use this WordPress review plugin.
- Customizable ‒ from the rating icons, borders to the colors and the size of your review box – you can freely edit everything to fit your style.
- User engagement ‒ allows visitors to rate your posts or products by leaving comments.
- Amazon integration and widgets ‒ get product information from Amazon in an instant, plus you’re able to display the top rated or latest products as widgets.
- Customer support ‒ you can contact the support team through email when you encounter issues.
- 30-day refund guarantee ‒ if you feel that this plugin isn’t for you, you can ask for your money back within 30 days. Definitely gives you a peace of mind.
- Expensive ‒ the basic plan costs $59 and is billed yearly. For those who are new to the industry, the price can be too high.
- Limited layouts ‒ there are only three different review layouts to choose from.
If you want to be professional from the get-go, you will definitely like this WordPress review plugin. Though the subscription is a little costly, the features and support give great value. Not only will you be able to make different types of reviews according to your taste, but your audience can also take part in it as well.
- Review styles ‒ just like most review plugins, you’ll be able to show common rating systems such as points, stars, and percentages.
- Beginner-friendly ‒ this plugin is straightforward to use that you can make and display reviews in no time.
- Editable ‒ change the colors, images, fonts, and criteria to fit your style and niche.
- User interactive ‒ your audience can take part in giving their own ratings.
- Localization support ‒ the plugin contains .po and .mo files which help in translation and localization. It also has RTL functionality that supports multiple languages.
- Improves SEO ‒ supports the Schema SEO Rich Snippet that will help you gain more traffic.
- Widgets ‒ lets you display the best, most recent, and random reviews on the sidebar.
- Not free ‒ you will have to pay $29 for a regular license and additional fees if you need extended support.
- Slow response ‒ if you’re in need of support, you can submit a ticket. Yet, it can take up to two business days to get a response from the support team.
Taqyeem provides enough features to make your own reviews and even let your visitors contribute. Not only that it’s easy to use, but the plugin is also translatable and supports SEO Rich Snippets. Though it’s not free, the package is worth the value.
3. WP Review
- Free and simple to use ‒ you can download this version of the plugin without having to spend a dime. Very user-friendly as it doesn’t take a minute to learn how to use it.
- Shows common review types ‒ you can display point, percentage, and stars review system in your posts.
- Compatible ‒ the plugin can function with any WordPress theme and if you want, you can modify the CSS to fit the style of your site.
- Personalizable ‒ you’re free to include fields in the review box. You can also change the colors and positions to your liking.
- Boosts SEO ‒ supports Google Rich Snippets through Schema.org microformat.
- Translation-ready ‒ no need to worry if your content uses another language as it’s translation ready.
- Mobile friendly ‒ not only will this feature improve your SEO, but your reviews will also look good on any mobile device.
- Only two predefined templates ‒ since it’s the free version, the layout designs are very limited.
- No visitor review feature ‒ your audience can’t add their own review comments and ratings to your posts.
- Limited support ‒ you can’t contact the support team directly so you need to use the forum for help.
This WordPress review plugin is very useful as it’s simple, customizable and compatible with many WordPress themes. Simply place the shortcode anywhere you like. WP Review is free to use, and it being mobile-friendly is also a plus point. However, if you run into some technical issues, it might take time to find the solution.
- Completely free ‒ no costs, no strings attached. This tool is for everyone to use with no worries.
- Review types ‒ supports product and business review models and it also provides star ratings.
- Anti-spam ‒ includes protection against reviews sent by automated spambots.
- Admin control and easy to use ‒ you can control which submissions will be displayed, edit them for content and date, and give responses with no hassle.
- Editable and compatible ‒ the fields and requirements needed to submit a review are changeable, plus the plugin is fit to function on any theme, including custom ones.
- Supports Schema ‒ search engines will be able to crawl the reviews which can improve SEO.
- A little lack of support ‒ if you’re faced with a problem, you might not get the solution straight away from the forum. And even though there’s an issue tracker, prioritization depends on the type of requests.
- No creative space ‒ you can’t change the template designs much as it’ll only be available in the Pro version.
This plugin is perfect for online business owners as it lets customers submit ratings on products and businesses. You can also take control of how submitted reviews are treated, plus it has spam protection and the plugin works with custom themes. However, when it comes to design and support – don’t expect much.
- No hassle ‒ you can easily make professional looking comparison tables and review boxes in just a few steps.
- User interactions ‒ allow your visitors to take part in giving comments and ratings on your reviews.
- Backend features ‒ managing reviews submissions can’t get any easier as there are many admin features.
- Customizable themes ‒ other than customizing the review criteria, you can edit the various templates available whether it’s the layout, colors, sizes, and so on.
- Widgets ‒ display the top-rated and latest reviews, or top users score reviews anywhere on your site.
- Boosts SEO ‒ it supports Google Rich Snippets and ReCaptcha. Plus reviews will be indexed in on Google searches.
- Costly ‒ you need to pay $28 for the regular license plus $8.63 if you want to extend support for a year. It can put a bit of a strain on your budget if you’re just starting out.
- Only two rating types ‒ stars and bars, there are no points and percentage systems.
- Support can be slow ‒ you can contact the developers if you encounter some technical issues, but the response can take up to two days.
This plugin has it all – the ease of use, editable elements, and user engagement. Despite the high cost, with how flexible and feature-rich the tool is, it’s definitely worth the budget. Support can be of a wait, but the team does respond.
- Simple to use ‒ you will not have any trouble going through the elements of the plugin.
- Displays business information ‒ from business profiles, address, listings, to phone number and reviews from customers, you can show it all on your website.
- Visitors interaction ‒ your audience can input their own comments and ratings.
- Widgets and shortcodes ‒ you can exhibit chosen user reviews on the sidebar of your site, and place the testimonial box anywhere you want.
- Support is available ‒ the team will respond to inquiries and questions within 24 hours.
- Pricey ‒ It costs $29 and you’ll need to pay additional fees if you want to extend support for a year. This can be too much for website owners who have a limited budget.
- Five stars reviews only ‒ the review system is quite limited as you can’t add percentages or number ratings.
If you want a simple layout to show the essential information about your business, then this WordPress review plugin is perfect for you. It also gives space for your customers to give their testimonials and rate your business. The support team is also reachable if you ever need help.
Things to Look out for from WordPress Review Plugins
To help you decide which review plugin fits your needs, check out the factors that you can use as measuring points:
- Ease of use ‒ is the plugin’s interface straightforward to use or does it require you to have prior technical knowledge.
- Feature ‒ what kind of reviews does the plugin support? You can decide depending on what you need, whether it’s percentages, charts, ratings, etc.
- Price ‒ is the plugin free, freemium, or premium. You can choose based on your current budget.
- Customer support and updates ‒ are the developers still active and reachable? You might want to pick a plugin that updates frequently as it will increase the security of your WordPress website as well.
Which One Is the Best for You?
Before making their purchases, customers tend to look for testimonials or reviews online to make sure that the product is worth their money. From this, you can take the opportunity to attract more traffic by posting reviews on your WordPress website.
Now that you have a clearer picture of how review posts can help grow your website, let’s look back at the list of the recommended WordPress review plugins:
- WP Product Review ‒ from the features, customization, to the support, this plugin has it all.
- Taqyeem ‒ one of the feature-rich premium review tools that are compatible with any WordPress themes, and customizable.
- WP Review ‒ free and functional, this plugin allows you to display common review types.
- WP Customer Reviews ‒ online business owners would find this plugin helpful as you can display customer ratings that will lure in more potential buyers. Plus it’s free to use.
- Reviewer ‒ gives you more creative space on how your review box looks. User engagement is available and the backend features will assist you in managing them.
- Yelp Reviews Pro ‒ displays your business information with customers’ reviews and ratings.
Feel free to pick one that piques your interest, and good luck!