Need feedback for new content ideas? Or are you conducting research online? Surveys are an excellent way to collect data and improve engagement with your audience. You can use a WordPress survey plugin to get the job done.
I’ve compiled some of the best WordPress survey plugins for you to try. I’ll also cover some indicators that should be considered when choosing a survey plugin.
What to Consider When Choosing a WordPress Survey Plugin?
First and foremost, you should understand the benefits of using a survey plugin. Creating forms and customizing them will be an easy process. Furthermore, you can share the surveys on your site or social media platforms with minimal effort.
It’ll allow you to assign various types of fields in your forms, such as multiple-choice questions, polls, or Likert-type scales. Moreover, the plugin would also have features that can encourage more respondents to participate in the survey.
So here are the essential elements that a great WordPress survey plugin should have:
- Usability – are you able to create forms easily? Consider features like drag and drop builder or pre-built form templates.
- Appearance – is it customizable and mobile friendly? Are the styles and features offered encourage participation?
- Reporting – does it have a reporting feature that is understandable and offers an export option?
- Sharing – are the surveys shareable? Is embedding results easy?
Top 8 WordPress Survey Plugins Worth Checking Out
Now that you understand what to expect from a WordPress survey plugin, here’s a list of some of the best WordPress survey plugin out there:
This plugin provides excellent usability. For example, it offers a drag-and-drop WordPress form builder to assist the users when assigning fields within the form.
You can make different types of forms, such as an online survey, and a contact form. It also has PayPal and Stripe integration to help you create a payment and donation forms. You also have the option to set Captcha on each form to minimize the risk of spambots.
If you don’t know where to start, there are plenty of pre-built customizable templates to choose from. Plus, your surveys will still look good on mobile devices as it guarantees that the finished form will be responsive to any screen size.
WPForm also has an entry management feature. All submissions are stored in WordPress’ database. Hence, you can access the data on your WordPress dashboard. Furthermore, results can be exported as CSV files.
The core plugin is free to install from the WordPress plugin directory. But keep in mind that it’ll have limitations. If you want to get additional features, you can choose between its four paid plans:
- Basic – $39.50 per year. It provides unlimited forms, free templates, entry management, and custom captcha.
- Plus – $99.50 per year. You’ll get everything in Basic, and it supports up to three sites and has email marketing tools integration.
- Pro – $199.50 per year. Has all the Plus features, offers priority support, online payment system integrations, and polls feature.
- Elite – $299.50 per year. Includes everything in Pro, provides bonus form templates and supports unlimited sites.
- Easy and powerful – the interface is intuitive. You can build forms in minutes using its drag-and-drop feature.
- Plenty of add-ons – it’s integrated with payment gateway systems, email marketing tools, and additional functionality for your forms.
- Limited polls feature – polls are only available in the Pro and Elite plans.
WPForm is an excellent choice since it allows you to create numerous types of forms in an instant. Managing submissions can’t get any more straightforward, and there are tons of add-ons that can contribute to its performance. Plus you can even download the core plugin for free.
If you need an alternative when searching for a comprehensive survey plugin, then you should try Gravity Forms!
This plugin provides a lot of options for creating surveys since it offers over 30 ready-to-use form field inputs. Thus, you can adjust your forms depending on your research needs.
It has an intuitive visual form editor the lets you customize the layout without a hassle. On top of that, the plugin lets you add animated transitions to make your forms more lively.
This WordPress survey plugin also supports conditional logic, which allows you to control the information respondents have to provide. You can show and hide particular sections or fields to make it specific for each person.
Gravity Forms also lets you set complex activities to the field, such as performing calculations or adding attachments. Furthermore, there’ll be no junk mail as it has Google reCaptcha, and Akismet options.
Aside from that, setting a limit of entries that you’ll receive can be done with just a few clicks.
You can also see the survey results on your dashboard. However, if you want to display it in the form of a table or list, you should integrate it first with another tool – GravityView.
Gravity Forms doesn’t have a free plan. Instead, it offers three paid plans:
- Basic – $59 per year. It provides unlimited forms, automatic updates, and email marketing tools integration such as MailChimp and AWeber.
- Pro – $159 per year. The plugin supports up to three sites and offers extra add-ons, such as Dropbox, Paypal, and Trello.
- Elite – $259 per year. You’re able to bring more functionality to your surveys, such as adding polls and quizzes.
- Responsive design – the questionnaires can still be properly displayed on different screen sizes.
- Saving options – with longer surveys, you can let respondents save their progress and complete it later.
- Can’t export survey results – you can’t download the data as PDF or CSV files, limiting further analysis.
Gravity Forms is worth a try if you want to create professional-looking surveys. You can customize your forms however you like as it supports conditional logic, plus providing many field options customization settings. It lets you access the results as well, but you can’t export the data.
Formidable Forms is one of the most potent WordPress survey plugins out there. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced user, this tool won’t disappoint you.
Just like other great survey plugins, it provides a drag-and-drop builder and visual styler to help you create questionnaires in minutes. There are also various templates for simple contact forms, payment, and survey forms to choose from.
The plugin allows you to adjust the form’s style as well. You can change the borders, colors, descriptions, buttons, and field labels to make it more attractive and interactive to the respondents.
What’s more, it offers spam protection through tools and methods such as Honeypot, reCaptcha, and Akismet. Formidable Forms is also mobile responsive. Your surveys will adapt to different screen sizes with no problem.
You can present the result statistics as charts, graphs, reports. Additionally, you can see the data live, which means the information will be automatically updated whenever there are new entries.
If you’re interested in trying Formidable Forms, you can install it for free from the WordPress plugin directory. However, it’s only capable of creating a basic contact form. To get more features, you can upgrade it to one of the paid plans.
Accordingly, Formidable Forms offers three paid plans:
- Basic – $99 per year. It has unlimited forms and entries, email marketing tools, plus a year of support.
- Business – $199 per year. Includes the Basic features, priority support, online payment systems integration, and many more.
- Elite – $399 per year. This plan has all the Business features, can support unlimited sites, and provides integration with WooCommerce, Stripe, and Hubspot.
- Free spam protection – avoid spam with the help of Honeypot, reCaptcha, and Akismet.
- Great reporting feature – you can see the survey results in the form of various charts and graphs.
- Short trial – it only has a 14-day money-back guarantee so make sure to quickly ask for a refund if Formidable Forms isn’t for you.
This plugin will suit your needs if you prefer high flexibility when customizing your surveys. You can try it for free as a starter, then upgrade to the premium plans if you’re interested in more features and functionality.
4. Modal Survey
Modal Survey is one of the best-rated WordPress survey plugins on CodeCanyon. It’s a great tool if you want to make audience satisfaction related surveys, and product recommendation polls. Furthermore, you’re even able to display surveys in animated charts and graphs.
You can design and customize the questionnaires easily through its visual builder and live preview. The plugin also lets you build interactive quizzes or tests. Plus, there are more field options such as open text answer box and chained questions.
The plugin also has a social sharing feature, which allows your survey to be shared through various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. It will potentially bring more traffic.
You can export the survey forms in various formats too, such as PDF, CSV, XML, and XLS.
If you’re interested in using this plugin, you can purchase it for $35, including feature updates and six months of support.
- Powerful and affordable – the plugin gives flexibility and is packed with features, making it worth the budget.
- Time settings – lets you set the start and expiry time on your surveys.
- Limited support – you’ll only get six months of support. If you want to extend, you’ll need to pay an extra $11.25.
Modal Survey is an excellent choice if you need a feature-rich survey plugin that’s affordable. You can create various types of interactive questionnaires and polls. Sharing them across your social media platforms isn’t a problem either.
This survey plugin was formerly known as Polldaddy but reformed as Crowdsignal since November 2018. It’s built by the people behind WordPress.com. Thus, you’ll need to have a WordPress.com account before using this plugin.
Other than surveys, this tool also excels in creating polls and quizzes. The survey editor provides 14 field types, such as Likert scales, multiple-choice, and free text.
The customization options allow you to change the surveys’ looks by changing the font style, color, and size. It’s even possible to add images and videos as well.
Crowdsignal lets you see responses in real-time, and create filters to analyze the data. You can also export the results in various formats, such as PDF, XLS, and XML.
What’s more, this tool is available in multiple languages, such as Arabic, Dutch, and Korean.
You can try it for free, but it comes with limitations, such as the poll voting rate, and the report filtering. The surveys will also include Crowdsignal’s branding.
Aside from the free version, it also has two paid plans:
- Pro – $29 per month with the monthly plan, and $17 per month paid annually. It allows you to customize the forms’ design and gives you an unlimited poll voting rate.
- Corporate – $99 per month paid monthly, or $75 per month billed yearly. You won’t have the Crowdsignal’s brand on your forms. Moreover, it can support ten user accounts and has an advanced API access feature.
- Excellent features – there are plenty of field types and customization options to create great polls and quizzes. You can analyze and export the results as well.
- Available in many languages – it caters to international users.
- Has to be connected with WordPress.com account – users who don’t own a WordPress.com account need to create one in advance.
Crowdsignal is built specifically for WordPress users and has excellent features for creating surveys, polls, and quizzes. You can try it for free. But upgrading to one of the paid plans will get you more features such as CSS custom design and API access.
This plugin lives up to its name as it helps 20.000 WordPress sites on creating surveys and quizzes. It provides plenty of field types, such as text boxes, multiple-choice questions, multiple responses, and dropdowns.
It has a built-in analysis that displays survey statistics in charts. You can easily manage and filter the entries for your research purposes using this feature.
The tool can also be integrated with many different add-ons. You’re given the choice to purchase them individually or as bundles. The prices start from $10 up to $87 with one year of support and updates.
Each paid add-on offers three alternatives. For example, if you want to purchase the Google Analytics tracking add-on, you will meet these deals:
- Personal – $35, supports one site.
- Business – $56, supports two to five sites.
- Developer – $87, supports unlimited sites.
Keep in mind that the offering prices may vary on each add-on. There are free extensions as well, such as the Leaderboards, and Certificate – where you can give custom certificates to respondents.
The free plan provides robust features such as unlimited surveys, various field types, and customizable thank you page. Even the developer states that over 80% of the users prefer to choose the free plan.
If you want to use most of the add-ons, you can purchase them as a bundle. There are two bundle plans offered:
- Starter – $69 per year, available for one site only. It provides some of the add-ons such as reporting and analysis, and Google Analytics add-on.
- Premium – $99 per year, support unlimited sites and provides all of the available add-ons.
- Dependable free plan – you can still create many different surveys and add a personalized thank you page.
- Plenty of add-ons – adding more functionality to the forms is possible. Plus some of them are free.
- No built-in spam protection – if you want to protect their questionnaires from spam, you’ll have to purchase an add-on.
This WordPress survey plugin will suit your taste if you want to have creative freedom. It also provides a lot of add-ons that complement and support the process, and you can purchase them individually or as a bundle. The free plan is worth a try as well.
Form Maker provides a wide array of features to help you build surveys quickly. It has basic features like the drag-and-drop form builder, field type options, and pre-built fully customizable templates.
You can conveniently design the forms to make it suit your website’s style. Moreover, you can set the forms in various ways, either embed them directly into the content, display them as pop-ups, or scroll boxes.
It also has spam protection and PayPal integration. Other than that, more than 12 form maker extensions are offered in the Plugins Bundle, such as Stripe, Save form progress, Dropbox integration, etc.
The Bundle provides over 47 premium plugins as well, for instance, photo gallery, slider, and event calendar. You can purchase it for $100, and you’ll be given six months of updates and premium support.
Form Maker also has three paid plan options that exclude the extensions:
- Basic – $45 for six months of access to updates and premium support. It provides basic features and can be used on one domain only.
- Standard – $70, which includes one year of updates and support. Plus you can install the plugin on three different websites.
- Advanced – $90 for one year access with everything that you get on the Standard plan, the only difference is that it supports up to 30 domains.
- Countless forms and customizable themes – create as many forms as you like and customize them to your heart’s content to match your website.
- Affordable Plugins Bundle – contains loads of extensions and plugins that would extend functionality when creating and managing surveys.
- Plans have the same features – the price range is mostly for extended updates, support, and the number of domains the plugin can be installed in.
If you’re looking for a survey plugin that gives functionality, Form Maker can be a great choice. It offers Plugins Bundle that’s packed with great extensions. Also, the plugin has notable basic features and pre-made templates.
OpinionStage comes with excellent features. You can create an unlimited amount of surveys and forms using its intuitive survey maker. It also has multiple question formats – standard, thumbnail, and image.
It enables you to customize the form’s look to match your website’s design using the pre-configured color themes and fonts. If you have trouble designing the layout, there are numerous templates that you can choose based on your needs. You can even see the previews before using them.
The plugin provides detailed survey reports from responses to performance. Results can be displayed as bar graphs and pie charts. Moreover, for further analysis, you can export all data to CSV or XLS files.
This plugin offers a free plan. However, it has some limitations – you can only add up to 10 questions per survey, plus the number of entries is limited to 100 per month.
Keep in mind that this plugin has a limit on views, which means your surveys can only be accessed a certain amount of times in a month. On the free plan, the form is limited to 1000 views per month. If you want to expand it, you’ll need to upgrade the plan.
Aside from the free option, Opinion Stage also offers three paid plans:
- Starter – $19 per month paid annually. It provides advanced features such as unlimited questions, social profile voting, export responses, and periodic voting.
- Small Business – $65 per month billed annually and includes additional features such as call-to-action button, multiple answers, and email notification.
- Performance – $199 per month paid annually. You’ll have access to all of the features, including full customization, ad integration, and pixel tracking.
- Tons of templates and customization options – you’re able to create many different surveys and forms with no hassle.
- Complete and detailed reports – tracking and analyzing the results are simplified due to thorough documentation.
- There are limits on the views – the items can only be loaded in a certain amount of times in a month.
Above all, this tool is excellent in creating interactive content. You can post various surveys that are visually appealing. Customization and design options are plenty, plus results are presented in in-depth reports. However, keep in mind that surveys have limitations on views.
That’s a Wrap!
There are plenty of WordPress survey plugins that can help you create interactive surveys with excellent visuals and usability. Thus, you can easily collect feedback and the data that you need through your website. But which one is for you?
We’ve just discussed some of the best WordPress survey plugins on the market. So let’s quickly recap:
- WPForms – offers comprehensive features to create survey forms, and the core plugin is free to download.
- Gravity Forms – creates professional-looking surveys as it provides over 30 field types and supports conditional logic.
- Formidable Forms – has a limited free version. The paid plans offer more customization options, spam protection, and third-party tools integration.
- Modal Survey – an affordable feature-rich survey plugin that lets you create interactive forms. It also has a social sharing feature.
- Crowdsignal – exclusive to WordPress.com users. Has a great survey editor, and provides various field types and customization options.
- Quiz and Survey Master – the free plan lets you build unlimited surveys. It has robust features such as different field types and customizable thank you page.
- Form Maker by 10Web – paid plans have the same notable basic features and pre-made templates. Offers Plugins Bundle which contains tons of premium plugins and form extensions.
- Opinion Stage – has a free plan, offers numerous form templates, and provides detailed reports.
So which one matches your needs? Let me know in the comment section below!